Welcome to livesim2!
Running at https://livesim2.dashif.org
livesim2 is a simulator for MPEG-DASH live streaming developed by DASH-IF. It uses VoD assets and converts them to wall-clock synchronized "live" streams, by rewriting timestamps, segment numbers, and segment URLs. It also re-fragments segments so that they can be used for low-latency DASH streaming.
The live stream URLs start with /livesim2/. After that comes an big optional set of parameters, followed by the asset name, and finally the MPD. There may be multiple MPDs for one asset corresponding to different sets of media tracks or other fixed settings in the MPD. The available parameters are listed on the Wiki parameters page. The easiest way to configure the URLs to with such parameters is the URL generator page. Note, the URL generator and other pages include links for direct playback using online versions of dash.js or any other configured player. However, some restrictions may apply as discussed on the Wiki page Direct Playback.
Useful local URLs
The following URLs should work at https://livesim2.dashif.org. Some of them provides streaming URLs or even URLs that start a DASH player with the corresponding asset URL. Others provide information about the server.
- /urlgen is a form to generate URLs for live streaming from this host
- /assets provides a list of all loaded assets and their MPDs
- livesim2-wiki compares url parameters between livesim2 and livesim1
- /vod provides a list of all VoD assets and their MPDs
- /healthz to check if server is running
- /config to get the current config of the server
- /metrics to get Prometheus metrics for the system and all streaming content requests
- /reqcount returns the number of requests if a limit is set
Further informationFor more information about the project, see
Version: v1.0.1, date: 2023-11-15